School of Empathy, is a game created to encourage a change of positive behavior in situations of bullying. The Serious game, developed by ITCL within the project H2020 eConfidence with the support of all project partners, brings together different situations that recreate moments in which players can experience harassment actions in school environments.
The game addresses the following aspects:
- Improvement of an appropriate assertive and empathetic behavior in the potential contexts of intimidation.
- Decrease in hostile behavior.
- Greater acceptance of differences and non-hostility towards colleagues
- Greater awareness of the impact of one action on the others and cooperative behavior
- Incorporation of the disapproval of antisocial behavior in the individual and at the group level.
The game develops in a school environment and reflects the life of students in real life situations. Players can have three roles when they play the game: victim, bully and observer, these through dialogues and different dynamics in the form of mini-games, “interprets” the different characters that can be immersed in a situation of these characteristics. The ultimate goal is for young people to learn to detect, respond and act in situations of bullying.
If you want to use this game at your school, do not hesitate to contact us.